Terms & Conditions
Booking Request Form
1. By submitting a Booking Request Form, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood and that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Meanings of Terms
2. In these terms and conditions the terms below have the following meaning:
- Booking Request Form means the booking request that you complete and authorise us to provide to the Operator on your behalf;
- Itinerary means the itinerary published on our website that you have requested we submit a booking request to the Operator for;
- Operator means the tour operator in Africa who runs the particular itinerary that we will submit the booking request to;
- We/our means the TasTanz Connection Pty Ltd; and
- You/your means you.
3. We agree to submit the Booking Request Form to the Operator.
4. You acknowledge the following:
a.that our role is to act as a referral service for you and that we are not an agent for the Operator;
b.the Operator is the service provider for the Itinerary and is responsible for fulfillment of all services to be provided in relation to the Itinerary.
5. We cannot be held responsible in any way for the Operator. We are not responsible for the acts and omissions of others including accommodation providers, driver/guides, services provided by your Operator, airlines or for any loss, damage or expense, including loss of money paid in advance. Nor are we responsible for any information provided by the Operator whether it is sent to you by us or accessed through the Operator’s weblink or this site or elsewhere. We are a referral service only and expressly disclaim all risks and liability associated with the Itinerary and the services provided by the Operator.
The Operator’s Role
6. The terms and conditions of the Operator that will be providing you the actual services and Itinerary, will be sent to you. You must read and understand these documents and its terms and conditions prior to confirming your booking.
7. The Operator may require that you obtain travel insurance. We do not accept any responsibility for any failure by you to obtain appropriate travel insurance.
General Disclaimer and Terms
8. We take no responsibility and expressly disclaim all liability to you, and exclude from these terms and conditions, all conditions, warranties and terms to the extent permitted by law for a failure of the Operator to provide the services as outlined in its terms and conditions.
9. We are not responsible and disclaim all liability associated with any injury, loss or damage that you may experience as a result of your Itinerary.
10. Prices for the Itineraries listed on this web-site are subject to change without notice. The Operator may adjust the price and we have no control over this. You will need to confirm the price for the trip when confirming you booking with the Operator. We are not responsible for any changes in price that are made by the Operator.
11. We may vary any of our terms and conditions at any time without notice. These terms and conditions (together with TasTanz Connection Pty Ltd privacy principles) are the entire agreement between us in relation to the services we provide.
12.The laws of Tasmania and the Commonwealth of Australia apply to these terms and conditions to the exclusion of any other law.
13. The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Tasmania.
14.The parties’ submission to the jurisdiction includes submission to a court of appeal.
15. This website may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. We make no representation that the content of this website complies with the laws of any country outside Australia. If you access this website from outside Australia you do so at your own risk and responsibility and are responsible for ensuing that your use of our services complies or is enforceable in the place where you are located.
This policy has been developed in line with the National Privacy Principles for their fair handling of personal information developed by the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner which respresent industry best practice and comply with the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2002.
This policy is in addition to the Terms and Conditions and should be read in conjunction with it.
All enquiries regarding this policy should be directed in the first instance to the Privacy Officer (send us an email)
2. Collection and Use of Personal Information
2.1. We take your privacy seriously. We will not share any of your information with any outside part, except the Operator, without your explicit consent unless we are required by law, in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to comply with the law, law enforcement or other government agencies, comply with legal process served on us, or court orders.
2.2. The type of information that we collect about you:
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is any information that personally identifies you. When you submit a booking form, we ask you for personal details including name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth.
Some of the information that we ask for is mandatory. It enables us to provide you with our service. If you do not supply us with the information we may not be able to provide you with our service.
2.3. We will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information about you without your express consent unless we believe it is necessary:
- where it is required by law
- to provide you with services which you have requested
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts.
- to implement out Terms and Conditions
- to protect our rights or property or those of any Website user, or any member of the public, or
- to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.
3. Access and Correction of Personal Information
3.1 If you have provided your Personally Identifiable Information in the past and would like to access and/or correct your information, you can email us your request.
5. Data Quality and Security of Personal Information
5.1. We take reasonable precautions to protect the security of your Personally Identifiable Information.
5.2 Authorised employees and contractors will have limited access to your personal information where it is necessary to enable them to perform functions. They are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
6. Links to Third Party Websites
This Website contains links to other sites where we cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects Personally Identifiable Information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by TasTanz Connection Pty Limited and its Website.
8. Additional Privacy Information
Further information on the National Privacy Principals (NPPs) and The Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2002, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.
TasTanz Connection Pty Limited uses all reasonable endeavors to ensure that the information provided on this website is as accurate as possible, however, we accept no responsibility for any loss, injury, or inconvenience sustained by any person resulting from information published on this site or obtained from any weblink accessed using this site or through the use of our booking referral service. TasTanz Connection Pty Limited provides information in relation to travel in Tanzania and submits booking requests on your behalf to tour operator that we recommend. TasTanz Connection Pty Limited is not an agent for tour operators that we submit booking requests for.